Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro E detailing

Prabhu1974

<a name="In Release 2001, where did the SHOW/ERASE window go?">In
Release WF5, where did the SHOW/ERASE and rightclick>options gone. I need to access .dtl to modify. thanks
</a>

Show /erase is GONE. :(

After picking the annotate tab, you can show and erase annotations and datums on the drawing tree, on the left. Or you can select the "show annotations" button, or right click on a feature and select "show annotations." It's a HUGE pain, as far as I'm concerned.

The .dtl file is located under theFILE pulldown - drawing options.

Use the HELP pulldown. It's quite functional in this version.

Good Luck!

-Rebo

Dear brother,

.Dtl found ... But another prob, I want to show the center lines of all holes, where i could not do thro Drawing tree / model tree. As you said help helps me a lot !! I will try

-Prabhu

Thank you Rebo.

The axispick islocated in the show annotations dialog box. They are located under the GTOL datums tab, the last one on the right.

(I'm a sister, by the way! ;) )

Thank you sister!!!
smiley9.gif

regards
Prabhu

Dear sister, Do you have any Pro E help topic collection on Detailing, Cabling and sheet metal. Any thing pl send. Now learning thro some net material like youtube, PTC site..

Thank you
Prabhu kumar

No, sorry, nothing written down. Feel free to ask any questions. I'll be glad to help any way I can.

Dear sister,

How are you?
smiley1.gif

I want to pattern a component using table in the first model and need to use the same table in second model. I tried but i could not, some where i am missing, can you tell whether it is possible??? (basically I want to make it parametric, since the first component is dependend on second (parent child)).

Thanks
Prabhu

I'm not sure I understand the question, I'm sorry. I will try to restate it as to what I think you mean.

You have an assembly that is a family table. One of the components is patterned. You want another instance of the original assembly to pattern a different component?

If so, you need to assemble both components to the top level assembly. In your family table, select both components to make two columns. Say Y or N in the column.

Do you understand?

Ohh sorry, Its not related to family table .Its to pattern table option. I think I have confused you, any way thank you for the reply..

Pl ref the image, the green part is PCB, white is LED, deep gray is micro switch and brown is front cover. Now i have assembled led in PCB & patterned using direction option (pitch 25.5mm & 8 Nos) and in the same manner micro switch also (pitch 25.5mm & 8nos). In front cover I have cut the hole and patterned using direction option (pitch 25.5 & 8nos). PCB, LED and switch is a single assembly and front cover is a separate part. Now after assembling this there is no link between LED location and front cover hole as well switch and front cover. If I change the position of LED the hole should automatically locate in the line of LED.

To achieve this I know to used Copy geometry. Since the pitch between led , switch and hole in front cover is same (pitch 25.5 & 8nos) I want to try it with pattern table option.

Once I do pattern using table option for LED, can i call the same table to pattern the switch as well to make hole . so if i change the pitch of led pattern table automatically it will be updated in switch pattern table and hole pattern table, so it becomes parametric.

At last my doubt is if i create a pattern table for LED, can i use the same pattern table to pattern the switch and hole???

Hope you understand my doubt

Sister thank you for reading this big story
smiley12.gif

Warm regards - Prabhu

I see what your problem is now. However, I'm not sure how to accomplish what you want to do. Perhaps if you make the front cover holes as an assembly cut you can then reference the LED and switch positions for their pattern.

You might try patterning an axis or a point to use as a constraint for both the LED and switch.

I am fairlycertain you can not be parametric with separate parts.

I hope this helps. I am no expert by any means! :)

Dear sister, after a long time... well, in pro e wf5 detailing, I have 5 sheets and used a formate in sheet no 1 and now I want to make use of it to other sheets too without inserting again in all sheets. Pl help. Thank you
Regards
Prabhu

The only way I know is to manually insert it in all the sheets. If you had started the second and third sheets, etc., after already inserting the format in the first, Pro/E will automatically add it.

Prabhu,
The problem of holes being parametric can be achieved in the context of assembly, by activating component 2 and referencing the axis of FIRST instance of the pattern in component 1. Then you just "reference pattern".

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back