Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro-E Assy setting?

myersw99

Has anyone ever found out why when assembling or editing a definition (of constraints) a component or part in an assembly, the part disappears and makes it difficult to pick references. I have been working around this for many years and finally decided to ask, maybe we have a setting wrong in our config? Maybe Pro-e has a theory I do not understand? But as soon as I pick a "part" and say "edit definition" my window for constraints opens and my part hides itself in the tree and in the graphics area
smiley5.gif
. Or is there a method to pick the parts references before opening constraints?
I cannot set up constraints in our parts because they are used many places.

I agree the selected part should show up in the model tree when editing the definition, makes finding a plane or axis a lot easier in a large assembly. Make sure that your part isn't showing up in another window (the button on the left in the picture).

View attachment 5216

Another option is to insert a 'component interface' (model datum) in each part. That's essentially a feature of a part that allows you to assemble the part with pre-defined interfaces like insert and mate. That works well with nuts and bolts, but can work with any part.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back