Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/E ASM file export to neutral file

ummareddy

Hi,

I need to convert Pro/E .prt and .asm files to the .neu formats programmatically with Pro/TOOLKIT.

I used ProIntf3DFileWrite () API like below but it's not exporting the thick cables for the wire harness and it's showing only center lines. I have set the display_thick_cables to yes in config.pro file. I am in WF4 Build m100. I am missing any other settings. Please let us know how to export the thick cables using pro/tool kit.

ProIntf3DFileWrite ((ProSolid)top_level_asm, PRO_INTF_EXPORT_NEUTRAL, outputFile,

asm_config, NULL, NULL,

NULL, NULL);

Thanks,

If the general functionality is different from the Pro/TOOLKIT functionality, I would recommend, that you open a new case at PTC!

But maybe you first try it again with the latest datecode of Wildfire 4 (is currently M200).
Edited by: DonChunior

Yes, I created the case with PTC.They are sayingcables export is not supported with Pro/Tool kit in the WF4. They are asking us to create the enhancement request. I am not sure why the missed this in export option with Pro/Toolkit. I tried with mapkey too. ProMacroExecute() API not able to invoke the export dialog.

Enhancement requests are useless!

I've some created up to 10 years ago - they've never ever been reviewed by anybody!

Regards, DonChunior

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back