Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pocketing through all

pljugalj

How to pocket through all?

p1ZhN.png

When i use pocket command, i cant select end surface :(

You could use a Volume milling nc step and set the parameter ROUGH_OPTION to PROF_ONLY (profile only) and reference a mill window with a specified depth.

Edited by: seth505

hey pljugalj

The pocketing sequence in Pro man is a specialized finish sequence. So if you want to mill the bottem area out you will need to use a volume milling seq. If you attach your part to this post we can show you how.

What does your work piece look like? Are you just cutting out the bottom or do you need to rough it out aswel?

O good point by cedge, I didn't take into account your toolpath in red. You probably want to use the rough option as well, not just profiling so your path traverses across the entire area of the window.

:) and as Seth505 and NM_88 stated use volume milling with a window, define the depth just below the bottom as to not leave a thin plate or burr.

Or if you just cutting the bottom out you could use a profile seq. setting step depth to max so it cuts it one shot. guess you could alsouse trajectory and surface sequences..?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back