Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Placing Datum Point in Sketch Mode

bhayden

I have a sketch with a horizontal and vertical centerline. How do I place a Datum Point at the intersection of the two?

Bernie Hayden

XKL LLC

you cannot add a datum point with this way

you must choose the datum point creation icon > sketch and then you can create as many datum points you want

proe cannot create datum points n addition with other sketch entities

xcad

>proe cannot create datum points n addition with other >sketch entities

Damn, I was afraid that was going to be the answer. Here's what I'm trying to do. Maybe someone has an answer on what the correct way to accomplish this is.

I sketcher I have the horizontal and vertical centerlines. These define the center of a surface mount connector body. The dimensions to the centerlines show OK on the drawing but it would be nice if they referenced a point or mark at the center extending off to some far off point. Functionally it would be nice to have a feature (axis or datum point) to locate the connector in the PCB assembly. I guess placing the datum before sketching the pad outlines is the way to go.

-Bernie-

You can place an axis point in your sketch which will show up as an axis that you can reference. Maybe this will work?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back