Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Register Log in

Pipe Threads

bubbanm

How do you do pipe threads in ProE 2001? I don't see an option for pipe threads using the hole feature.

jabbadeus

1. If you're creating a Standard Hole (Insert > Hole > Standard) you have the option of creating Cosmetic Threads on the hole surface. It appears with a magenta halo representing where the threads would appear and automatically generates a non-parametric 3-D note that you can show on drawings.

2. For other holes, you can generate a cosmetic feature (Insert > Cosmetic > Thread).

3. To generate the threads as solid physical features in the model, you'll have to use a helical sweep cut. You might want to consider creating UDF's in order to save time and effort.

David Martin

Torgon Industries

swcalvert

Do you mean to tell me that Pro/E doesn't have a 'Thread' feature built in? UG does... I use it for NPT, ACME and various other regular thread types.

Steve C

bubbanm

ProE has a thread feature but it doesn't include tapered pipe threads. I can't even make it look like a tapered pipe thread.

DanD

I'm using UDF's for internal NPT threads. It's very handy- to assemble a plug, for ex. just use mate and select the thread surface and the corresponding tapered solid.

Sponsor