Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Permanent default reference planes?

adam1234

Hello all - this is my first post on this forum.

I have been learning to use SolidWorks for a while now, and there is one thing that has been troubling me. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make the default reference planes permanent.

When I start a new part, I often begin with a sketch. Upon beginning the sketch, it will show the default planes (top, front, and right) to choose from. After this first sketch, however, these planes will never show up again.

It seems like there should be a simple way to make them stay as actual reference planes (the View menu, perhaps), but I haven't had any luck.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Similarly, it would be great to know how to convert the global coordinate axes into usable reference axes.

Thanks!

Adam

Hy Adam !

In the tree manager right click the planes and choose "Show". Now, the planes (in the tree manager) must be highlighted. Go to the View menu and tell SW to SHOW planes. That's all to do for planes.

Sorry, but I do not understand your second question.

Good luck !

Adam,

Do as Mihail says and set the 3 default planes to show in the feature tree. If you want this to continue for every other part you begin with, save the part as a template part file and then you'll have this available every time you open a new part.

Should also work with the 2nd question but not 100% sure.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back