Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PDM Works

paul_g

Hi All ,

Sorry if this has been asked before, which i think it has.

Im a cad designer and been asked to look intoand setup a pdmworks vault for my company.

i know the benefits that it will bring,just never looked at the program, so i thought id get a headsup in some forums to see if i can get the jist of it before i start, as currently i dont have a clue where to start.

all the cadguys/gallshere use a set stock of parts and peice them together in differentorders for different lift systems(i work for a stairlift company).

I was just wonding if anyone could shine some light, or point me in the rite direction.

Thanks for your time

Paul

Paul,

I've been working with PDMWorks since Solidworks took it over a few years back. It's a real nice handy piece of work and it's fairly easy to install, configure, and maintain. Solidworks offers a class called Administering PDMWorks Workgroup which is a 1 day class. It's worth cost. Things you want to figure out are directory stuctures and permissions, i.e. marketing, sales, engineering, etc. Who sees the information. If it's just engineering, then it's much easier. It's who deletes, etc. Make sure you have enough disk space because PDMWorks keeps all. Check out the what's new for 2007, 2008, 2009 and you should find some information on updates that have taken place in regards to PDMWorks.

Good Luck,
smiley32.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back