Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PDF Create 4.0

Geoff T

Does anyone know if Wildfire 3 can create pdf's using "ScansoftPDF Create 4.0" instead of Adobe? Or indeed any other PDF software?

Wildfire 3 can create pdf's without any software. In drawing mode just click on SAVE AS and select pdf.

Enjoy

Israr,

Do you know if there are any ways to set default settings in the PDF
creation tool in Pro/E. I would like it to default to monochrome,
but at this point, I have found no way of setting this as a default.

Thanks,

Jim

There is a hidden config.pro option which does what you want. At this time, I am not at home. I will let you know later.

Israr

Geoff and Conrat,

Be caredul using ProE to create PDFs. We have had serious issues with it making up lines and leaving out lines and just generally screwing things up.
smiley18.gif
It was so bad all ProE users have had Acrobat installed to output drawings as PDFs so we know it will be done correctly

Michael

I personally use PDFCreator. I print using Generic Postscript, having PDFCreator as my default printer and it does a wonderful job. Line thickness and font appear exactly how I want them to appear.

Though I do not know exactly how it works, you can use Ghostscript to
print PDF files as well. It seemed a bit complicated, but I
believe there are instructions on MCAD central.

Try searching for GHOSTSCRIPT.

I like the new button in WF3 myself.

Jim

michael3130 said:
Geoff and Conrat,

Be caredul using ProE to create PDFs. We have had serious issues with it making up lines and leaving out lines and just generally screwing things up.
smiley18.gif
It was so bad all ProE users have had Acrobat installed to output drawings as PDFs so we know it will be done correctly

Michael

We also had a few strange behaviours in the beginning but after checking box "Visible only" under Layers in Content tab all our problems disappeared.

Thanx for all the response guys, You've all been great and as a new pro-e user, this forum has so far proven very helpfull!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back