Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Part simplified rep.

dans

Another good command taken away from us. Could some please explain to me why PTC would remove the command for Part simplified rep. in wildfire 2.0. And how are we to remove features specific views when a feature is need in the top view but not needed in the front view. So someone had said to suppress that feature in a family table but that would take it out of all the views. I would appreciate any input on how to accomplish this task now.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Thank you.

You can have multiple models in a drawing, so you can have the top view without the feature using the simplified model, and the other views using the main model.

I understand about using different models in the drawing I am doing but the problem is that is not a assembly it is a single part and simplified rep. is not available on drawings that consist of part files only (still need input)<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Thank you

What I meant was using a part (eg part-a) with the simplified version from the family table (eg part-a_INST).

I know it's a long-winded way of doing it, but it does work - especially useful for showing the flat form of a bent sheet-metal part.

Now I understand what you were saying the only problem with doing it the way you described is (1) you have to add a instance (2) if I create the top view using instance #1 (that has the feature remove) now I want to create a projection (front)view from the top view which I cannot because it will have the feature remove that I need to show up in it. So now I have to create a general view align it to the top view and us the instance #2 that has the feature in it for the front view. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

What ever happened to the old saying if it isn

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back