Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

parent child relationship

E.Vrioni

<div id="id_5008212ad96936e48178724" ="text_exposed_root text_exposed">I
understand what parent child relationship is.....but is there a way to use it in my intentions........what i want to say
is that .....if I design an object.......create all the parts ..and
assemble all the parts in one assemble....but later...during my everyday work....I want to create another object...that is similiar with the first one...but with other dimensions.....for
example...a simple example of what i'm trying to say .....i design a
box....I create the all the parts of the box.....assemble them...one by
one...and create the final result.....but later.....i want to change the length of the box...for example ,to make a box with a longer length......but the other dimensions are the same as the one...how can i change only the length ...but the other dimensions to stay as they were...? it will simplify very much my work...and will save me very much time......
</div>

Learn how to use family tables. With them you can have many different instances of a part or assembly. You can not only vary sizes but also features (yes/no), parameters, groups, reference models, etc. Almost everything except color.

And it's only a matter of time before you'll be able to toggle color. I requested it ... back in version 12 ...
smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back