Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

OUT OF MEMORY

martine.zhai

Hi guys:

I'm a new member that registered today. First say hello to every body.

i met a problem when i making a bigmodel calculation ... out of memory...

the machine setup are:
Intel?core (TM)2 6300 1.86GHz<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
2Gb DDR RAM<O:p></O:p>
Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT 256MB<O:p></O:p>

when i met this problem, i can not save the job before even.

Do you have any experience for this problem solving?

I appologize for my broken English.

Edited by: martine.zhai

What version of UG are you using? We've upgraded recently from NX4 to NX6, and large models can be a huge system hog. Try doing partial loads, you'll find those options under the file-> options -> load options. Also check your visual settings under preferences. You may be able to help a bit with that. As far as your system is concerned. Seems as if its a bit light to be running UG. I'm sure its fine for small things, but a large assemblies can run a computer to its max.

I've maxed this machine, and its a core 2 duo e8500 @3.16Ghz with 3G of ram. I've crashed it with large models.

Good luck to you.

Well, a couple of things are hurting you.

Your memory is very short for large assemblies. I would upghrade to 4GB and use the /3GB switch in your boot.ini file. See MS knowledge base for proper use of this.

Your graphics card is not supported for high-end CAD systems. The GeForce series of cards do not have the power for the image generation and animation. They do work, but they are not certified bu Siemens, so if it comes down to a graphics card issue, they will not be able to help too much.

Thanks for your help!

I set up the performense as a large size. but for the load options, we always load all the assembly. i don't know if you have a more detail set up suggest. i'll very appreciat.

for the graphics card, Dear Looslib, could you please tell me some model of the card? maybe i'll try to change it. i really don't know which type will be work bestly.

thanks again...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back