Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Non-linear shrinkage

pjw

My question is, is there any way to apply non-linear shrinkage allownance to a prt. For example if you had an equation relating shrinkage to distance from a co-ordinate system? My problem is that thin sections and thick sections of castings we produce don't always shrink in a linear fashion and when it comes to producing the dies, the models we use to cut-out the cavities in the models have to be representitive of the finished prduct plus the shrinkage.

If you have access to Pro/MOLDESIGN, it has a shrinkage feature. You can apply shrinkage according to a coordinate system giving different shrinkage values for each axis.

hi PJW

yes u can. u can choose shrinkage of chourse, but first of all u must set some parameters, let's say:

scX

scY

scZ

in relations u can set some equation for this param, but they must be big then 0 and less then 1 (please excuse my english!)

when u choose shrinkage, By Scaling then type your parameters.

I hope this will help you!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back