Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Need swept blend help

Brandon Miller

I have 2 sections drawn that I need to perform a swept blend on. The first section is a circle and the second is a rectangle. How can I get these to work together?

You need to split the circle so that it has the same number of segments as the rectange.

Brandon,

The rectangle has four segements. The circle must be divided into for segments as well. In the sketch for the circle, you have to use the divide tool which happens to be one of the flyouts on the dynamic trim tool in WF2. If your circle and rectangle have the same "center", it is best to draw a couple of centerlines at 45 degrees to use as a snapping reference when dividing the circle. You also need to make sure the corner of the rectangle is in line with the corresponding division of the circle. Otherwise, your blend will end up twisting (unless that is what you want).

You will also need to make sure your start points line up and the arrows point in the same direction.

Hi
I want to create a variable section sweep and pro e is giving me an error " sections must have same number of segments" . I have 2 sketches, when these sketches would joined together they will make a blade of wind mill. These sketches are made from few points(approx 100 for one and 90 for other ) then I had use spline command to make a smooth sketch from these points.
Can any one help me.
Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sumant_verma , I dont think VSS is the right tool here. Why not use a Boundary blend instead? . And about the "varnimg" you got, aren

Sumant_verma said:
Hi
I want to create a variable section sweep and pro e is giving me an error " sections must have same number of segments" . I have 2 sketches, when these sketches would joined together they will make a blade of wind mill. These sketches are made from few points(approx 100 for one and 90 for other ) then I had use spline command to make a smooth sketch from these points.
Can any one help me.
Thanks in advance.

Regards

Segments are the lines between 2 points (vertexs). You say you use 100 points on first section and 90 on next? You need to make both sections have the same amount of segments and points. Think of a square and triangle. Where is the 4th point on the square going to connect on a triangle?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back