Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Need help to get original edge of chamfer

titus_nico

Hello everybody,

I'm a french programmer and I need your help to use the Open API of UG.

In fact, I have a file (.prt) that contains a simple box (obtained by an extrusion of a rectangle) with just one chamfer on one of its edges.

I work on the chamfer and I try to retrieve the original edge on which the chamfer will be applied (those that will disappear after the chamfer will be done) but I haven't found the way to do that.

I only have the tag of the chamfer feature, I already used the "UF_MODL_ask_chamfer_parms" function with success and now I'm just looking for the original edge...

Could you please help me ?

Thanks.

Nico.
(Sorry for my english...)

Ok,

I have changed my file and now there is a simple blend in place of the chamfer, so I can use the 'Uf_MODL_ask_edge_blend' function to retrieve the original edge.

Now I try to get the curve from the edge. After a look in the documentation, I find the 'UF_MODL_create_curve_from_edge' function that should do what I want but in result of this function call I have the error 820022 : "Internal error: invalid solid object tag". What is this error and how can I solve the problem ?

Thanks for your help. (If you have the issue of my first problem, I'm still looking for it...)

Nico.
(Always sorry for my english)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back