Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mold design

anshuldua

Is It Possible To Import a Assembly in the pro mold to make a family mold or we have to assemble it into the pro mold itself

please guide me

Anshuldua, This is the way I will approch.

As bimbo666 also mentioned here, I also sharing my experience.If we have one pro mould licence, several others can shear that licence. How? Yes. First you use that and split the volumes and extract them. So you will have now cavity, core plates and other mold related components like Inserts, sliders, anglepin , Hot runner nozzle etc.etc.

Once you have extracted, Now use the default mold assembly CSO and copy this CSO across the extracted parts.
Now quit the pro mfg mode and open a new general Pro assembly with similar name.But you can't open through Pro Mfg. So same name fine.Assemble all the extracted componentsusing the common cso which I mentioned before.

Now assemble whatever your assembly as a normal Pro engineer assembly feature.Assemble as a General assembly.Through simplified rep featurers you could modify part by part.To create an ejector pin holes, it is easy if you use mould module itself. but however, depending on your real design situation, you can either split the support plate with ejector hole featurers as well. This way it is easy to keep relations between extracted parts, in case if the part modified, get your licence again andyou can adjust it on the pro mold assembly. All the assembled parts should be on the session so all will regenerate.You can copy the holes through a sketch feature across other plates.

Edited by: Robust

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back