Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

modeling

motyka

Hi<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
I have a problem with creating pattern, I use 2001 version.
For example:
I have to create circular pattern and the firs step, indicate feature will be copied, than select pattern dimension for first direction, after put number of features (in my case six features). Patter has been performed but appear one problem because number of features equal three.
What

What was your pattern increment? If you specify 120 degrees and 6 features the second 3 will be identical to the first 3. If you look at your model tree or modify any of the patterned features Pro/E will show you how many features are in your pattern.

It sounds like the problem could be your angular pattern reference. Did you create a datum on the fly to get your angular pattern dimension? If not, I suggest that you recreate/redefine the feature so that you use an "datum on the fly" to get your angular dim.

Make sure that your axis for the pattern is selected as the primary reference. That seems to be the one thing folks tend to forget.

Gary B

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back