Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Model Protection

vishal

Is their any facility to protect your model ?
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Once my model is finalized or completed in all aspects is it possible the following 2 option?

1) Redefine will not be permitted but modifying a dimension will still be available
2) Both redefine and modify is not permitted

In both the above cases the user still be able to see all the features and the dimensions used for creating the model

Hi<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Me too interested to know whether is it possible to have such facility in proe. Gurveen

smiley2.gif
smiley2.gif
smiley2.gif
smiley2.gif

Hello!!

Try (for proe 2001)

Future

read only

all feat

if you do this you can't modify feature.

i hope this will hellp you

tp

Nope, no such options in Pro/E.As mentioned above, you can make features "Read Only", but there is no password mechanism to stop a user from making "Read Only" features editable. The only protection mechanism Pro/E presently has is the Shrinkwrap feature which basically gives you the exterior of the part/asm.

I have a proe model created by some one else. Whenever I try to redefine any feature by changing any dim in the sketch, the section regenerates successfully but when I click either

When you get the resolve prompt, choose "Failed Geom" if it is available. This should show you what is failing. If "Failed Geom" is not available, choose "Info" which may give you an idea why the feature is failing.It sounds likethe feature is failing is all. Just because a section regenerates, does not mean the physical geometry is going to regenerate properly. When a sketch regenerates and the feature fails, the geometry creating the feature is probably impossible.

Hi Donha<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Now it is really strange happening. After modifying the section when I click

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back