Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Model color palette

seanlittle

In WF1 I have a config.pro option, pro_colormap_path pointing to a directory where I have my color.map file.

In evalutating wildfire 2, I am using the same config.pro. Now when I
open a part and want to change the color, my colors are not in the
palatte. I can go to file open and read in my color.map file .
This is a work around, but I want to have the colors be there every
time I start.

I have tried having just the file called Appearance.dmt(appended
with my colors) in this directory. I have tried jsut haveing the
color.map file in the directory. Neither worked.

Might be a space in the directory structure? Just a thought. I am in 2001 and don't need to tell Pro where the color.map is because it is in my startup directory.

seanlittle and all WF2 users,

As yousaid in the config.pro option, pro_colormap_pathshowsthe directory whereyou havetheappearance.dmt file.

First you have to find an old color.map file and using View/ Colors and Appearance menu, choose File / Open, switch the Type to Appearance Map(*.map) and open that file to see all the colors in place.

Then do a File / Save, pick the existing appearance.dmt file and hit OK to overwrite it.

Restart Pro/E and you'll see the colors loaded.

i was under the impression u could not use the colormap of wf1 in wf2.

if this is not the case i am going to
smiley19.gif
kill
smiley19.gif
who ever told me that u couldnt
smiley7.gif

Does anyone have a decent color map? I tired to download the one on this site, but it just keeps giving me a "file not found" error when i i click the link.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back