Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Missing CSYS output in 4axis mode

marker4x4

Hiall, greetings from North of 49th :)

Question of the day:

Every time I code 4-axis (positioning) program, the NC Tape file has correct A angle for every CSYS except the origin - which should output A0.0, but it doesn't.

Low_tech example:

- I start my operation by facing the block and roughing out a pocket.

- then I proceed to cut side walls at say, 10deg angle, defined by another CSYS. NC Tape outputs A10.0, then the cutting motions.

- then I come back to 0,0,1 to drill some holes and whatnot. Here's where to trouble starts - NC Tape will not output A0.0, so the machine stays on A10.0.

Do I need some FIL macro to catch the vector and force it to print? Or is it some GPost setting that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,
-mark

Hi Mark,

do you have in the drill Nc sequence correct coordinate system and retract plane? Maybe it keep the coordinate system from previous Nc sequence.

Regards Zdenek

kuncar said:
do you have in the drill Nc sequence correct coordinate system and retract plane? Maybe it keep the coordinate system from previous Nc sequence.

No, it's not that. Actually it's something inside Gpost - some other posts actually output the A0. when table returns to 0.0 angle, but the post I'm using doesn't do that!!! Arrghhh... Something in this post omits the A0.
Bummer
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif

Anyone?

In GPOST, open your option file. Select "Machine codes", then"tool change sequence". Make sure that the check box for "Force ABC rotary axes on next GOTO/motion block", is checked.

appinmi said:
In GPOST, open your option file. Select "Machine codes", then"tool change sequence". Make sure that the check box for "Force ABC rotary axes on next GOTO/motion block", is checked.

App, your sugestion has lead me to the solution of the problem - on the Tool Change Coordinates tab - Output Current B must be checked, that's all even with the Do Not Output Tool Change Positioning checked.
Presto!!

Thanks a lot my friend, you've made my day
smiley2.gif
smiley2.gif
smiley2.gif
smiley2.gif
smiley2.gif

-mark

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back