Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mirrored Part Properties

cpierce

I made an assembly drawing with a BOM. Two of the parts in the assembly are torsional springs, one of which has all the user definedfeatures and the other is a mirrored part. I have all of thepart information stored as properties for each part. The problem is that the mirrored part is taking all of the parent part's properties and I can't seem to change them. The parts need to have different descriptions and numbers in the BOM, and I'd like to be able to set their properties independent of each other without breaking all the geometricreferences between them. Anyone know how to fix this?

Not really sure, but it sounds like you should use configurations for this. You can then select the config properties or component properties to edit and display.

good luck...
smiley32.gif

When you make a mirror of a part there is a check box that says "Copy custom properties to new components" leave this unchecked and you should be able to make new properties for the mirrored part. The mirrored part is now a different part from the original but is dependent on the original part. you should be able to go to Properties and change the description and any other properties you want.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back