Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

MIRROR

Mihail

Hello all !

I have a "problem". In an assambly I use a part and it's mirrored part. Now I make a new configuration in the original part. Is it any way to tell SW to apply used configuration for the mirrored part ?

Or... another way to have the new configuration in the mirrored part WITHOUT make a new mirrored part ?

Hope you can understand my english, and I thank you in advance.

in my understanding u need to make a new mirrored part of the changed configuration..
smiley24.gif

Thank you for reply, Guru.

I know that this is a solution. But, if I add other and otherconfigurations ?! (and isvery possible to do that).Is necesary to make new mirrored parts every time? And remate this parts every time ? I am looking for a way to avoid this work. Thank you again.

yes u need to make new mirrored part everytime, because when u mirror a part it will become entirely a separate part nd doesn't depend on the parent part..

i hope u understood...

Hi

Look at "List external refs.." in mirrored part. Youcan chhoose witch configuration to use.

Nucu

Hi,
This is an old thread but if you find it as I did when
trying to solve it, this will help, this is in 2012, I
think it worked in some earlier versions.
In the mirror part Right click on the "mirrored part
feature in the tree"
Don't need to do anything, now just exit this and new
configurations should come through to the mirrored part.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back