Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mesh Generation

Seych

I have been having two main problems with generating meshes in Solidworks. First, I have been able to create the mesh on an object but sometimes I will get an error telling me that all of the lines could not be created.

Secondly, I have been trying to save the meshes so that I can later come back and open the file in another program and still have all the data points that define the saved mesh.

For example I create a cylinder using solidworks, mesh the cylinder, and save to my desktop. When I try and open the file in notepad, so that I can view the mathmatical points that defined the mesh (and not the animation of the points), the only thing that I can see are the points that define the cylinder and not the mesh. Is there anyway I can save the mesh of the object so that I can view it in another program? Does solidworks not record the meshes that it generates?

Any and all help on this would be greatly appreciated. I have been racking my brains over this problem for a little over 2 weeks now.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back