Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mechanism design - Animation too?

daveyk_belgium

Hello Gurus<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I have been using Mechanism Design for the first time, and making skeletons that will move a digger. This is an exercise only.

I have made the digger move along a curve with drive sprockets rotating tracks. The digger then stops for two seconds, one track rotates backwards, and the other forward, and the tank turns.

I have done this with two animations in an assembly

It will be easy for the readers to help you if you elaborate your problem with sketches, snapshots, or attaching your assembly files.

As much as i have understood your problem, you don't need to have two anlyses run, rather you need two or three motors added simultaneously in one analysis and you can overlap the time duration or split time.

Israr

I agree with Israr.

Since you have constrained the mechanism to move along a curve, it looks like a problem of synthesis than analysis.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back