Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mapkey to copy a text.

vbvbvb

How to create a mapkey which can copy a selected text? E.g. say I have xyz.asm as active model, Mapkey should do following tasks. File->Rename-> Copy Highlighted text(in New Name TextBox which will be "xyz")->Cancel button.File->Open-&gt ;Change the type to Drawing(.drw)->paste already copied text(i.e. xyz)->Open button.

I guess this is very difficult. But I think it is possible, I'm trying with different options like using Windows batch file to copy and paste, not lucky so far. Hope to receive some of your responses.

The mapkey wont' do it as it will capture the actual text used at mapkey creation (xyz.asm in your example) rather than the act of copying the highlighted text to the clipboard.

A batch file is going to be a challenge because you still have to figure out how to capture the text you have in Pro|E to pass it to the batch file.

What specifically are you trying to do, open the drawing with the same name as the current part / assy?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back