Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Major trouble sketching this...

blader80

Hi- great board you guys have here and this is my 1st post:)

I'm learning Sworks and I came across one figure in the book I'm working with (Sworks 2009 for designers) that I can't sketch properly. I can't seem to set proper degreeing and radius for the acrs and my picture ends up whacky, plus sworks doesn't allow me to change angle of the arc to any value.
often, it puts in whacky values and messes up my sketch. This sketch seems so easy yeat so hard...

Can someone tell me the steps to draw this sketch or send me completed file to study?

crank.jpg

Thanks!
Rex

Rex,

You can use a 3point angle dimension (center of arc, point for line 1, point for line 2 )
If solid Works doesn't show the proper angle while moving your mouse to set location try using the Right Click button option to lock the value you want as dim.

You can draw the arc with a dimension <180 if you are having trouble defining an angle like 220. SolidWorks often won't let you modify a dimension by a large amount or apply a relation if the solution is to far from the current location of entities in a sketch.

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back