Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Lockup while assembling

gkling

Has anyone experienced Wildfire locking up while assembling a part? We have one work station out of 4 that totally lock up Wildfire when assembling a part.

Greg

We had problems with Wildfire locking or disappearing on our IBM Intellistations. We have installed the latest video drivers (found on the video card mfg website) and have remedied most of the issues. The users also needs to have local Admin or Power User authority (Windows 2000) to prevent some of the Wildfire problems (don't ask me why but it helps).

Try putting 'graphics win32_gdi' in the config.pro file in the text directory. Also load the latest video card drivers. If you have installed windows service pack 4 with the security patches do another windows update and get the fixes for service pack4.

JP

I've posted this on another forum.

I am new to WF. installed just before Christmas. We have 3 seats here. 2 work stations are identical but on mine, WF will freeze up. Sometimes after several minutes with large assemblies in session. Other times it will freeze up only after loading WF and only at the front web page with nothing in session. I have a HP X2100, P4, 512mb ram, Wildcat graphics, win 2000 pro service pack 4. Any ideas, I'm at my witts end. Thanks, Greg

Thanks for your comments but I've tried these and there is still a problem. I think I am getting somewhere on this. I think it has to do with a large large flat folder structure that we have. We are still not under any data management here e.g. Intralink. We have an archive of parts, assemblies and drawings which contains over 9000 files and WF freezes while accessing this folder. This does occur on the other stations by the way. Is there a new config option similar to the old nt_cache_dirs option?

Greg

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back