Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Lines in drawing view

begelin

hey can someone please help me i have a large assembly and i have a bunch of unwanted lines going through the drawing that are behind the visible lines it will not allow me to hide them they are some sort of hidden line but when i zoom in close to the drawing the disappear as well as in the assembly can someone please help me get rid of them they make the iso views on the drawing look confusing

Are they the Sketched lines? if so hide them

Click on the eyeglasses and look for the sketch icon

no i dont have any open sketches. ill try and explain as best as i can haha.

so i am designing like enclosed box trailer and the frame is built from a steel frame and when i sheet the frame on the outside with wood and cover it with the aluminum skin you still see the steel frame behind the aluminum skin and wood.

in a drawing when i put a shaded view of the entire thing those lines show up but only in a isometric view if i just do a regular top front side etc. view anything but a iso view they dont exist. im not sure the reason why. and in the drawing view it doesnt give me the option to hide the edges. like i said in the first message when i zoom in on the view in the drawing they disappear. and in just a regular hidden line removed display style they dont show at all only in the shaded with edges style.

sorry so long

thanks,
Bryce

If its on the SW recomended list, you should be able to go to the card sight and download an upgrade if not you can always purchase a new card or you have to live with it

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back