Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

line style

vishal

I made a new line style in my drawing. After saving the drawing the line style is saved in the drawing. But when I take back up to some other location and tries to open from their I get message “the line style can not be loaded”. Even though in the drawing setup file that line style exists (with a warning message).

I want to send the pro dwg to some of our clint which also has proe workstation. but I am afraid he will not be able to see that line style.

Line styles get saved in a seperate file, not in the drawing. I don't remember the extension. Look in the directory where you originally saved the drawing. You need to send the linestyle file along with the drawing file to your client. For some reason when you do a backup ProE does not save certain referenced files (drawing formats are another) even though they are necessary to successfully open the drawing.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back