Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

large assemblies

liololesolenos

< http-equiv="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11">

Hello

I`m searching for experiences of working with large
assemblies ( 50.000 or more ).

I Would also be very glad if I could get any informations of
companies that are dealing with large asseblies and are using Pro E.

Thanks.

i am not working on big assembly,but some of complex assembly i used to deal always if u need any help then i will try to help you out

Yes I m working on the large assembly. we are making hydro power plant in Pro-E . mainly all large Component we r making in pro_e. so it

smiley1.gif
I am desining Columbus, the space shuttle, and using Pro-E.

my system is intel Quad Cpu and 4 Giga Ram.

We have a Veneer Dryer model which inculdes a total of ~100 000 models (lots of similar of course...nuts, bolts etc). The only and best solution was that we bought 64 bit laptop with 8GB RAM => it's not faster than 32 bit but ProE (WF4) does not exit prematerly. Simplified reps are not the solution for us
smiley11.gif
. We publish BOM's from drawings to our ERP. Project work schedules for customers are very tight and no time to hassle with sim reps.

Hi,

I used to work with large assemblies - 30,000 to 50,000 components.

Before you start modelling anything decide how the model will be split into manageable sub assemblies and the interface between those assemblies -it shouldn't be necessary for most users to ever have the full model in session. If you skip this step then your model will be a nightmare for ever more.

Typically we would have a master assembly which contained the major interfaces - sub assemblies were then created to define interface information for eachsection - space contraints and controlled positions (csys, axes, datums).

Each department would then work within their dedicated area referencing the interface information.When a department wanted to see more than their own sub-assembly they called up simplified reps which showed their parts plus the parts directly interfacing to them.

If you set it up properly then each user can work with a standard workstation - obvioulsy everyone is happier with more ram, faster processor and better graphics card - but you shouldn't have togive every user a top spec machine.

We did have problems with network speed at first - typically all the users try to call up their sub-assembly first thing in the morning andthat tended to be the time we had most problems.

Good Luck

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back