Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Register Log in

j-link not autostarting

cmarcum

Hi all.
I have installed a j-link app on 2 different computers
with the same protk.dat file in the startup dir. On one
system the app autostarts fine, on the second, I have
to Utilities > Auxiliary Applications then Register the
protk.dat file and then start the app. Then it runs
fine otherwise.
Does anyone know what can cause this?
TIA
carl

ehigsd

Hi Carl,

Seems lika a problem related to the Pro-E installation on the second computer. Which version of Pro/E are you using?

* For Wildfire make sure you have date code 2003.490 or later.

* Make sure that you use the same config.pro files on both machines, with the option jlink_java2 on

* Make sure classpaths are the same on both machines. As it works on one, it should work on the other. They both should look like:

Classpath = .;<<Wildfire loadpoint>>\text\java\pfc.jar;<<Wildfire loadpoint>>\text\java\swingall.jar (Note the .; in the beginning of the classpath variable, without this it will not work).

Hope this can help you.

Best regards

Gustav Skargard

Epsilon, Sweden

FishNut

I know exactly what can cause this. If you are using an old enough version of Pro/E which needs the timeout patch, you need to install it. If you run pro/e without intralink chances are you've gotten away with not having the patch.Basically its one nmsd.exe file you copy into a folder.

I had the same issue with toolkit apps, they simply would not autoregisteron a few machines but would on every other.

ptc.com/go/timeout will tell you which versions are effected and how to take care of it.

Sponsor