Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ISDX Curves

amoncur

In ISDX, is there a way to use a curve from a previous feature in the current feature? I have made a hood and want to use the side curves of the hood to define the mating sides of the side/front fender, but since the hood curves were made in a previous feature, it won't let me click on them to use in the current feature. Is there a way to do this?

thanks,

Aaron

it doesnt matter when they were made as long as all of the curves connect to make a boundary.

Mike

that's my problem, i can't figure out how to connect the previous feature curves and the current feature curves. i'm not able to highlight the previous feature curves.

Depending on which v of pro you are in you would either use shift (WF) or ctrl to snap the endpoints of the style curve to the existing curve.

To make the endpoints of the style curve tangent you right click each endpoint and select the surface connection you would like to apply (ie tangent).

It may ask you to select an adjacent surface for the isdx curve to use a s reference so just click on the one you want then done.

Do this for each end point and you are in business.

Mike

p.s.

you really should look at the tutorials at ptc.com

or go to help while you are in isdx and there should be a good one there.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back