Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Is it possible in family table?

Possible. The generic part would contain both.

Two cut features will have to be inserted. One will cut the Left portion, the other would cut the Right portion.

Create a Family table with these above features Included / Excluded.

Normaly such a methodology is used when you wish to Laser Cut many components from a sheet in such a way that on assembly it would take a form of a sheet.

Eg. Take a rectagular paper, Cut it into different shapes and then assemble them again as a rectangle.
Edited by: SRINIVASANIYER1

Agree with srieger. Mirror would be the way to go. Could not fathom, why anybody would go for Family table, unless there is an underlying need to go that way.

You may just try a family table having dimension 3 in one and -3 in the other. I am not too sure whether it would work. Mirroring would be a DIRECT method for the problem in the picture

If its only one part then please mirror is best option. If you need same part with different size then use family table.

Edited by: anil.pagar

Family table is a good way togo. It lets you use 'Y'/'N' in the cells to indicate your preference for using the feature or not.

I like using family tables because I can create one drawing and do a 'Save As' for the additional drawings and then 'Replace' the model in the drawing and most of the time you getthe second drawing for FREE, which means there is not much clean up or additional detailing to do.
Edited by: tosh382

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back