Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Is forced convection possible in pro/e

ksarita20

hi ,

i have a thermal analysis problem where i have to generate a forced convection. i know that the coffecient of the plate(h) changes with respect to the velocity of air flow. but i am not able to get how to enter this in pro/e.

i tried to define a convection boundary condition and tried to select temporial variation. but there i can specify the temperature variation with respect to time. but i want to enter the variation of coffecient of plate with respect to time.

BUt first of all is my aproach right! please help me how to proceed in pro/e.

thanks in advance

sari
Edited by: ksarita20

Sari,

Unfortunately there is no way to enter a convection coefficient as a function of direction. However, you can subdivide the surfaces were you are going to apply the convection coefficient creating surface regions and assigning a different confident at each location. Again this an approximation that may be able to get you useful results.

Luis

hi,

yaa i came to know about this.

But this is the first time that i am using thermal module. Is there any source where i can get an example for Transient thermal analysis.

THanks Luis for all ur replies,

sari

Sari,

The PTC customer support website has plenty examples. I don't know if all your questions are related to school work or youare working with a company. If you are working with a company and they are paying maintenance you should have access to the support website.

Luis

hi

i do have access to the support , but i couldnt find a example with transient loads.
smiley5.gif

Sari

You meant by 'transient loads' the time right? because different from steady state thermal analysis performingtransient thermal analysis in mechanica allows you to enter a time(min, max ,and time increment)which you like to see results for.You can findone in mechanica help which comes with its installation.
Edited by: sezerserhan

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back