Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Register Log in

Is forced convection possible in pro/e

ksarita20

hi ,

i have a thermal analysis problem where i have to generate a forced convection. i know that the coffecient of the plate(h) changes with respect to the velocity of air flow. but i am not able to get how to enter this in pro/e.

i tried to define a convection boundary condition and tried to select temporial variation. but there i can specify the temperature variation with respect to time. but i want to enter the variation of coffecient of plate with respect to time.

BUt first of all is my aproach right! please help me how to proceed in pro/e.

thanks in advance

sari
Edited by: ksarita20

Luis Aguirre

Sari,

Unfortunately there is no way to enter a convection coefficient as a function of direction. However, you can subdivide the surfaces were you are going to apply the convection coefficient creating surface regions and assigning a different confident at each location. Again this an approximation that may be able to get you useful results.

Luis

ksarita20

hi,

yaa i came to know about this.

But this is the first time that i am using thermal module. Is there any source where i can get an example for Transient thermal analysis.

THanks Luis for all ur replies,

sari

Luis Aguirre

Sari,

The PTC customer support website has plenty examples. I don't know if all your questions are related to school work or youare working with a company. If you are working with a company and they are paying maintenance you should have access to the support website.

Luis

sezerserhan

You meant by 'transient loads' the time right? because different from steady state thermal analysis performingtransient thermal analysis in mechanica allows you to enter a time(min, max ,and time increment)which you like to see results for.You can findone in mechanica help which comes with its installation.
Edited by: sezerserhan

Sponsor