Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Intralink UI script

SvenV

Hi

I'm trying to make changes in the java code that is created when recording a script in Intralink.

I have written a Toolkit program (C) that returns a number of objects. This program is called from the Custom menu (UI Script). This works fine.

What I want to do is to show the userthe list (output from Toolkit pgm) of the objects combined with a button for each object. When the button is pressed the Locate window should be opened and automatically be filled in and executed.

It works fine to open up a new frame with all my objects. But when I return to "main" frame and want to open the Locate frame the IL (IntralinkScriptInterface) seems to be "lost". The code runs (I have added logs to see this) but nothing happens or nothing goes wrong. The IL.openWindow etc just does nothing!

It works fine to open the Locate window empty before opening my new Frame.

Has anyone got any clue?

I guess that I have to use some sort of ILFrame or something to still have a correct "script handle". It seems like the script object is out of sync or something.

Thanks for all input or tips!

I don't have a lot of experience with UI scripting but I have heard some interesting things. I think the problem you are having is due to the type of window that you are opening. The window you are opening is causing another thread to be created. This is due to the implementation of the JFrame. If you use the JOptionFrame/Panel (not sure, like I said I don't have a lot of experience) it does not create another thread.

The expert on this is JD Felkins of Felco Solutions. He has an Intralink UI scripting class where he covers such things. www.felcosolutions.com

Good luck

Thanks for your reply. I solved the problem by Using JOptionPane.showMessageDialog and then view the list in there. Maybe not the best solution but it works fine.

williaps said:
I don't have a lot of experience with UI scripting but I have heard some interesting things. I think the problem you are having is due to the type of window that you are opening. The window you are opening is causing another thread to be created. This is due to the implementation of the JFrame. If you use the JOptionFrame/Panel (not sure, like I said I don't have a lot of experience) it does not create another thread.

The expert on this is JD Felkins of Felco Solutions. He has an Intralink UI scripting class where he covers such things. www.felcosolutions.com

Good luck

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back