Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Intersect Dimension Lines

denncoa

I am trying to dimension between two edges using dimension/ Intersect. I have no problem creating the dimension. The problem is that I would like to have reference lines from the surfaces that I have chosen to create the intersect. We are working with Wildfire 2.0. I swear that in the past I could do this we previous versions of Pro but I can't find a setting. Can anyone help or am I just whacked in the head.

Denny

Hello again;

I see that I am getting a lot of views but no answers, so maybe a picture will help to clarify the question. The lines shown in the view are sketched. What I want to know is; Is there a way to make wildfire automatically make those lines when I place a dimension off the intersection of edges? Thanks

Denny

View attachment 968

you can sketch lines in the drawing and change thier linestyle and color, to say, perhaps, grey/phantom.

Sketchingis what we are trying to get away from. I thought in previous versions of Pro E that it was possible to have Pro put these lines in when this type of dimension was placed.

Denny

That might work in this situation but might not work in others. Such as when you have two curves with a fillet connecting them and you want to dimension to the theoretical intersection of the two curves, it would be awful hard to make a line to dimension to. (I think) THanks

Denny

I have never seen any option for showing the lines chosen for intersection from rev 5 to 2001. It has always been create the draft lines when necessary. This would be a nice software enhancement. After all, Pro knows the lines used to place the dim.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back