Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Instrument engineering -- a request for h

moxnaty

Dear Colleagues,

please, help me with the following thing:

I have to construct a magnetic stimulator -- a device which induces eddy currents in a test sample. The schematic diagram is simple: RCL resonant circuit with a powerful capacitor (3kW) and a coil (fields up to 2T)... diode, thyristor, power unit and power amplifier. I have a diploma on instrument engineering, but I have no so much of a practical experience -- just graduated from an university, do not know where to start and how to build such a device. Advice me, please, share your experience or useful references/links to books/articles about how to create some device out of nothing in practice, especially about magnetic stimulators.

My approximate work plan outline is:
1. Modelling of the coils -- to select the appropriate parameters for the order on manufacture.
2. Simulation of the electrical circuit of the device - the choice of elements.
3. Designing of a printed circuit board...
4. Give drawings of the device and electric components to the production?

I would like to ask you to correct my work plan, if it is no so difficult for you -- how it is working in real life, what I missed or forget, what programs is better for use (freeware/open-source for windows/UNIX if possible, please).

Many thanks for your help!

Excuse me, please, if it is not a place for such issues/questions as mine. I would be glad if you could be so kind to advise me where it would be much better to ask for a help on this.

With best wishes,
Dmitry

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back