Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

InstallTest not working with J-LInk

ice_man

Hey Guys:
Am I doing the J-Link setup right?
I have installed jdk1.5.0_11, with the JRE. Set up the path to find the java compiler, i.e. C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\bin.
I have a new folder named C:\Java, to which I have set my CLASSPATH to. So when I write a JAVA program and compile it within that directory, the class file gets generated, and I am able to run the class file as well. So to conclude, I can compile and run the java programs.

Now, to use J-Link with WF3.0 I have appended the following CLASSPATH LOADPOINT\ptc\proe\text\java\pfc.jar to my existing CLASSPATH. So I assume I have done this part right. Now I m trying to run InstallTest.java program, which is in the following folder LOADPOINT\ptc\proe\jlink\jlink_appls\install_test.

I open up WF3.0, go to TOOLS>AUXIALLY APPLICATIONS, and try to start the file protk.dat. After a delay of few seconds I get an error saying "Foreign Program 'InstallTest' failed to Initialize, ProTK_General Error", and PRO/E shuts down on me.

Can someone please help me and guide me thru this program. I can't get it to work. TIA
Edited by: ice_man

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back