Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

insert radius or chanfer in an assembly

olivierpa

Hi everybody

I want to creat a radius or a chanfer in an assembly , first I have created a revolve in the assembly without any problem , but when I want to add a radius or a chanfer on the egde , I can't do it

I have access to the function but it's impossible to select an edge or a surface set

Do you know the way to solve this problem ?<?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /> </v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape>

thank to all

Oliver

You cannot add material in an assembly. As rounds and chamfers can potentially do it, they are not allowed. You have to use matarial cuts instead.

Hello Reinhard , Zpaolo

Thank for the quick replay , and I 'm agree with you Reinhardbut I don't undestand why I can access to the functions , usually when functions are not allow , they are "blank"

Now I have created all the radius and chanfer in the revolve , it's not very convenient but it work ( the only problem will be if I have to use Mechanica, because usually we suppress all these smalls functions)

I need to add round at the assembly level because I want to work as reality , first weld my 3 parts and after welding , made the internals and externals machining , of course I need round and chanfers (radius of the tool )

anyway , thank a lot for your help

Oliver

I would tend to stay away from assembly cuts. One way you could do it is to create a new part and insert a shrinkwrap. (insert/shared data/shrinkwrap) You can make it reference an assembly of your components pre-welded. Think of your new part as a purchased weldment. Now you have the ability to supress rounds and chamfers for MECHANICA as you mentioned above.

You must activate your part first. Pick the part you want to round it ,right click, choose activate. Now you canmade round.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back