Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Importing/exporting from workspace

lsigrandson

I am having a small problem with Intralink 3.3/Wildfire 2.0. When I want to import or export ProE assemblies and models intomy workspace inIntralink I am getting some strange results. Upon importing a file from my C: drive, Intralink gives an error: "An error occured on Import/Export", and it will not import thefile. Upon exporting a file from my Workspace, Intralink acts like it exports it, but when I go to look into my specified folder, there is nothing there. I do not get an error message for this last function.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

We've got M110. Any updates or quick fixes for this problem? I was able to perform the import/export functions a couple of months ago, but now it's a no go.

Mike

these quick fixes may work for you.
Export: try backup command.
Import: open pro/e via intralink from the workspace you want to save to andopen the files fromyour c:\drive. then hit save.
hope that helps

Probably too late to help, but after talking with Pro/E hotline the export utility won't work if there's any spacesin the directory path for the Intralink startup or execution folders. I had to create a new folder under the base drive that didn't have any spaces or special characters. So if your loadpoint for Intralink is under the "Program Files" folder (using Windows), the export function won't work. You will need to go through the entire setup routine for the new folder once it's created. It's a lot of hassle to get this function, but once it's done it works great.

Never use the default loadpoint for PTC products. The installer code has to use Program Files toget a MS certified stamp. I have always used c:\ptc as my loadpoint. The instructor for my sys admin class said that is will avoid any problems with file routines. I also remove all spaces from the installer sub folders, "Wildfire 2.0" becomes "Wildfire2".

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back