Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Importing a step file/creating a solid

denncoa

Hello,

I have imported a STEP file as a solid. Is it possible to create a cut on the converted model?

Denny

if it imported as a solid, you should have no problem creating cuts or adding protrutions, just about anything except for modifing that imported data directly

Summary for anyone who cares.

For some reason, even though I imported the step file as a solid, the part still acts like a surface. My solution was to redefine the imported file, choose heal geometry, and delete the surfaces that I don't need. Thanks to kshubert for the reply.

Denny

on step or other date translation to or from Pro/E always depends about configurations, on both softwares. Of course it depends on accuracy (no. of decimals, or whatever) and not the lastest it depends on let's call it geom checks ... tiny edge and the others.

For healing the geometry exist many ways. But in my opinion is not a fixed rule.

- for very complex geometry is better to rebuild areas on Pro/Legancy

- for simple or - accurate export, will work just heal geometry and automatic mode.

Anyway this domain is to big to be fit on general discusions.

If you or somebosy else have an example ... let's show it!

... Adrian

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back