Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Ilink Workspace not show up in Wildfire

mdristy

When I launch Pro/E Wildfire 4.0 (M060) from within Intralink 3.4 (M020) on my Vista Ultimate computer, Pro/E launches okay, but the Workspace doesn't show up in the Pro/E folder browser.

It works on my XP Pro computer. I can't find any difference in the setups between the two computers

Any ideas?

Wildfire 4.0 is not compatible with Pro/INTRALINK M020. Only Pro/INTRALINK 3.4 m06+ is compatible with Wildfire 4.0. Read the compatibility matrix for Pro/ENGINEER on www.ptc.com. It's in the reference documents section.

I was aware of the incompatibility issue. But Intralink 3.4 M020 is working fine with Wildfire 4.0 M060 on my Dell Precision M70 XP Pro 32 bit computer, so I thoughtthey would probably work together on my Dell M4400 Vista Ultimate 64 Bit computer as well.

Unfortunately, looks like I'll have to upgrade to Intralink 3.4 M061, which means delaying important design work that needs to get done.... (It is not a simple upgrade. Requires new Oracle version...)

No. I don't believe the Intralink Client has to be 64 bit to run an a 64 bit machine. I don't believe a 64 bit version of Intralink even exists yet. (Although my Ilink Service pack M060 CD says for 32 & 64 bit.) But I understand that Intralink Client can run on a 64 bit machine.

Anyway, I just upgraded the server to Intralink 3.4 M062 yesterday, so now I know my Wildfire 4.0 and Intralink 3.4 installations are compatible. Later today I'll install Intralink CLient 3.4 M062 on the 64 bit workstation, soI'll then discover whether this fixes the above issue.

We've had same issues here until installing 64-bit Intralink clients on the 64-bit machines.

And yes, there is 64-bit Intralink client but the server is 32-bit.

I was able to fix this problem on my 64 bit Vista machine (with the help of PTC tech support) by:

1. Configuring the interoperability between Intralink and Pro/Eusing the Intralink ptcsetup.bat, and

2. Configuring the interoperability between Pro/E and Intralinkusing the Pro/E (Wildfire) ptcsetup.bat.

HOWEVER, in order to successfully run the Pro/E ptcsetup.bat file in the Wildfire loadpint\bin directory, I had to Right click on it and "Run as Administrator."

For some reason, on my 32 bit XP Pro machine, I didn't have this problem.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back