Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

I need help with unbend

joebuggy

Hi,

Please help me!!!
smiley19.gif

Is it possible make on this part unbend feature or/and flat_state? This part must be sheetmetal. Maybe better way is created it with "form_feature".

Attached part:

2009-08-07_073132_joebuggy.zip

Thanks for each advice.

(Sorry for my English
smiley5.gif
)

you have no "rips" from which to create unbends. you have created a stamped part, not a bent part.

Try creating this part completely in sheetmetal.

The problem is in the method you constructed your model. You have a lot going on with your one flange and all the radii. Start with just the base form followed up with railing a flange about the part. If you construct your model the same method of progressions it will be made, you will have no issues. Also, your inner radii on the inner corner, this is determined by the flange height.

It doesn't look like a developable part in which case you will not be able to unbend it. Correct me if I am wrong though.

Joebuggy,

I agree with the others, it is not a developable part. You could develop bits of it but not as a whole the way you have it without rips.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back