Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to triangulate a ProSurface?

DavidW

I want to get the mesh model of a specified surface.
What API should I use?
(Suppose that I have a specified ProSurface.)

Thanks a lot.

There is a Pro/Toolkit function for this I thing, but I cannot remember its name now.

The second posibility is to get all the contours and their edges, parse them and create special structure and use it in some triangulation algorithm. The good one was available on http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~quake/triangle.html, but the server is down now, so I don't know.

Anyway you can try to search Google for Delaunay Trianglator...

Thanks to Tobias.
The stl model is a mesh of the whole part, not a mesh of a surface.(At least I don't get the method of saving a stl file of a picked surface.)
Through a triangle, I want to get the surface it belong to and the information of the surface.
Any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Thanks to TL.

Which function in ProTK is for triangulation? The class, structure, or any information? Thanks a lot!

I studiedDelaunay Trianglator years ago. It is one of the most difficult problems I have met. I can only use the Trianglator in 2D to solve real problems. It is a pity that I don't have enough resource to solve the problem in 3D recently. The model in CAD is so complex...

Maybe I can have a try some time later...

Thank you all the same.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back