Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to model this part in sheetmetal

raghu_reddy2

Hi Friends,

Iam working Pro/e WF3.0 Sheetmetal module.Iam trying to create a part in sheetmetal but cudn't succeed.Actually it is a single part modelled in solid and converted to sheetmetal using shell comman.Now i want to create the model by dividing it into 2 pieces and create the assembly.Iam attaching the file can anyone model it in sheetmetal and can send me the pro-e file or else they can just tell me the procedure.i will glad if anyone in the forum help me out.

Thanks a lot,

Raghu.

Without trying it myself; it looks like that should be fairly simple
to do in either SM or Std environment if properly ripped, relieved
and (?) radiused.

As I understand... you wish to convert this single part into two parts.... assemble and weld..... to make a welded assembly.

Use copy geometry..... to copy the surfaces and create two parts for your welded assembly.

thanks for your advices,

Srini ur absolutely right.

but i want to model this in sheetmetal right from scratch.we should not use copy geometry orshell command.

that is the constraint.thickness of this sheet is 2mm.

Save the solid file as step or iges

call the converted file in pro e in the applications menu , select the sheet metal option

kool conversion

Okay the topwall surfaceshould be your first wall. Then add/bend the two walls to the left. The last bend that bends down 90 deg. needs relief (not attached) to the trapazoid cut out wall surface."

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back