Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to flatten a conical blended wall??

Bigadz

Hi all

I have created my conical shellthrough a blended wall operationin sheetmetal and now I want to create the flat pattern.

When I go to flatten it asks me to select plane/edge to remain fixed while unbending. I have tried to select planes but it isnt having it.

I managed to flatten conical items which were not extruded through 360degrees. From this I was able to select the trajectory edge where the two had not quite met.

Obviously there isnt this edge to select on a full conical shell through so does anyone know how I can get around this properly without having to create a very very small cut and then selecting the edge???

Many thanks in advance, would be a life saver!
smiley2.gif

After creating theconical shell. go to insert/shape/rip regular rip, create rip line at any side plane of the shell. then create the flat pattern by selcting the rip edge.

Bigadz,

I am curious on how you created your shell? My company is just getting started in PRO/E and we manufacture conical shells for refuelers. I am having the same situation but I can not get the rip to work on my shell drawing. I am probably creating the shell in a way that PRO/E does not like.

Any help would be great. And thanks in advance.

Brian

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back