Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to do these????

sureshdesigns

Hi all

Im designing abezel. In which I need to assemble a filter along the curved surface.I got aflexible frame filter, howcan weassemble it along the curved surface so that it should easily detachable any idea??.

Thanks in advance...

Can anybody help me on this?
smiley19.gif
Where are the Proe-Guru's????

this picture does not introduce much details Suresh
smiley11.gif

try to put few pics more with a different view and general idea behind Your goal(belive me Paint is great tool to share ideas, words mean less vs pictures
smiley17.gif
)

anyway, what do You mean by : "I got aflexible frame filter" ?

Possible solutions:

*one

IF your filter consists of many single parts(segments), then You can create a curve which describes intended surface, make a point on it(no Ratio, but Real 0.0)

next make a pattern for this point.

Add missing additional references to mountain a segment of filter(i. datums planes or axes) on the first point(creating one csys would simplify this greater)
then create a group of it, > Pattern > Ref Pattern

in the end assemble a segment on these references, make a pattern

*two

If You filter is a one model which contains whole geometry, and You want to make it flexible in assembly You must - and I know it sounds trival - prepare this model in such a way to be flexible. In other words - there should be at least one sketcher which will play a role as a flexible feature(remmember flexibility offers You a lot but not the "real" behaviour of i.e rubber parts, You can change dims, you can suppress feats, You can change parameters, but not the geom itsels, it is not a warp tool!)

still, greater no of pics would simplify understanding of Your problems to others
smiley2.gif

Jacek Thanks For your reply.

Please tell me how many ways to assemble the filteronto the bezel. Images are shown below.

Note: The provision in the bezel to fit air filter is curved.

As I understand it right - You have filter made as one model, correct?

This model should follow the shape of frame?

I suppose You can achieve what You want by using Spinal bend. Then You can make this featue a part of flexibility settings(Part - Edit > Setup > Flexibility > Features) and turn it on in assembly

here You can find out more considering spinal bend feature

[url]http://mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37691& amp;KW[/url]

well, I do not have WF 3.0, having WF 2.0 or WF 4.0 instead, sh*ty isn`t it?
smiley2.gif

but, I took a look on uploaded parts. I suppose Flatten quilt and then spinal solid is the best way if You want to not change base geometry

So my approach was as below

*First I made desired "bend" as single surface

*two - I made a point on an edge in the middle

*three - I made flatten quilt - Insert > Advanced > Flatten Quilt.. > pick surface first, and point after

*four - with such conditions there is only bend solid left to be done - Insert > Advanced > Bend Solid.. - pick flatten quilt, swith to bend solid(by default Pro/E wants to bend curves), choose solid geom

follow the same way for rest of models

HI SURESH

jacek is telling to use spinal bend for your part. Which proe version you using, Am using here Proe-WF-2, not able to open ur part????????

Why don't you try making a projected curve then createsurface and hide the flat? then solidify etc.... that's what we do here with the doubler to assemble to the aircraft contours. or there's always sheetmetal bend/roll.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back