Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Register Log in

How can I see the word cut or protrusion

I am using wildfire 2 and when I use extrude tool... in the model tree the feature name becomes "extrude". How can I see the word "cut" or "protrusion" like in wildfire 1


New member

I think u can manually override by clicking on the feature & edit
defenition u can see the dash board -->properties and replace the
extrude1 with something as cut1.


New member
In wildfire you can also right click on the word extrude in the model tree and rename the feature to anything you want, such as 'slot_for_gear_pin'.