Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hoses as Flexible Components

E-Cognition

Hi All -

If you've ever needed to add flexible hoses to your assembly, I'm sure you've wondered "Isn't there some sort of flexibility functionality in Pro/Engineer somewhere?" Well the answer is definitely yes! Even though it may not have originally been implemented for hoses . . .

I've added a new tutorial to my site. People have asked for this for some time; Adding Hose Parts to assemblies as Flexible Components.

http://e-cognition.net/Video/FlexHose.html

Have a great day!

Edited by: E-Cognition

This much easier to solve with Pro-Pinping in my opinion
smiley36.gif

I'm downloading the video, can't wait to see it as it seem to completely answer a question I made through the E-Cognition website :)

Thank you Leo!

Paolo

Ankarali said:
This much easier to solve with Pro-Pinping in my opinion
smiley36.gif

It probably is, but admitting my ignorance of pro-piping, is it possible to obtain something like this?

Where the flexible tube is a single object.

Also another question, I checked WF 5.0 and I can't find the "edit/setup" menu... someone knows where it is now?

Paolo

Hey - nice little video about the piping crap.

I've done a ton of this stuff for companies such as Caterpillar, Case New Holland, and Deere.

It;s kind of useless though - if you want to be employed and make some money anyway.

These companies, I just mentioned, do not respect any of my work even though every time that I leave my house I can see it on their products. (Nowadays usually shoveling snow)

In a way I am kind of proud of my work and I love Pro/e.

The thing is, why am I unemployed? Bad attitude?

Hey Bart (you know who) explain that!

zpaolo maybe it is possible to do it in Pro piping , i haven't such a problem to solve yet !

BUT if you have more than 100 hose connections with very long hosesin complex 3D-Area it whould be torture to set up each hose alone this way....AND if you have parts with moving elements (MDX) where you connect your hoses you have a nice job to do
smiley36.gif

Ankarali said:
zpaolo maybe it is possible to do it in Pro piping , i haven't such a problem to solve yet !

Thank you for the reply, I don't know piping well, so I don't know if you can use pipes with "custom" profiles. Of course I agree that for large piping works this is not the easiest method, but is definitely a nice idea :)

Sure zpaolo sure this is a good way ,for analysing and so on...

wein our factory have tried this method first (first time in pro-e i

Thanks All for the tremendous response. I really appreciate it.

You are right Paolo, is was your suggestion that got me going for this tutorial (Others have asked as well) Excellent application, by the way, great picture too.

I always looking for relevant topics so keep 'em commin'

I know this thread is pretty old but does anyone know where I can find the video posted? The link is dead and I would be interested in investigating this approach

Pretty cool, I've messed around with this in my quick breaks, unsuccessfully. I'll have to give it another go around. This would have been very helpful with my last project, lots of moving parts and cables that could get snagged.Thanks.

I assume it would not make a huge difference, but have you played withthis flexibility in conjunction with kinematically constrained components?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back