Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hide cosmetic threads in DWG.?

93Civic_hb

I'm currently using ProE 2001. I'm doing a detailed dwg. that shows the cosmetic theads, and I want to hide them justwithin the dwg. but keep them visible within the model. Please help.
Edited by: 93Civic_hb

In the drawing, if you change your layer to the drawing layer, you can turn off all surfaces in the drawing. I think you can control it by sheet, but not by view.

Another easy way to do this is by going to show/erase. I think it is the lower left button you select for cosmetic threads.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I have not yet found how to easily control layers in WF2.0. However, previous to WF it is very easy to control cosmetics,surfaces, and a slew of other things either by drawing or view. A dropdown, I think defaulting to drawing, can be used to select different layer control options. One option is view. I prefer to have as few views as possible different from the drawing. When you select "by view", all views will be highlighted by a green or blue box. Blue is controlled by drawing layer preference and green by view layer preferences. You can switch individual view layer control preferences back to drawing layer control by selecting the view and then selecting the button that looks like a chain link.

If you hide the layer called "all_threads"in the drawing and then save the layer status with them hidden they will stay hidden on the drawing and remain visible in the part.

Hello, I tried all your solutions and they all worked. But how can I do if I want to show them on the drawings after I hide them?

You can reverse any previous solution.

For instance:

Unhide a layer on a drawing or specific view. Remember to save layer status for changes you wish to be perminant.

Or, Show cosmetic threads with in the "show/erase" dialog box.

Thanks a lot.

If I close the layer to hide the thread, I can open the layer to show the thread. However, if I use "show / erase"command "erase cosmetic feature" to hide the thread, I find the "show cosmetic feature" buttonis gray and I can't use it.

If there's any problem?

after you use show erase to erase cosmetics threads thay can not be reshow. I would use layers to hide cosmetic

The first time you go to show/erase in a drawing, "Show" is not a valid choice for cosmetic threads and is therefore grayed out. I believe this is so because they are all shown by default. However, once a thread is erased, "show" does become a valid option. In short, yes, you can reshow cosmetic threads with show/erase. If you couldn't it wouldn't be of much use.

Thanks for your information.

I tried many times and have the finding. Ever you erase all or some threads, the "cosmetic feature" is always valid. But there's an option "with preview", don't use it and you can find the "cosmetic feature" works.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back